Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Praise the Lord for Working Airbags!!!




On February 2nd, the Lord showed once again how gracious He is in protecting our lives. I was bringing home a softdrink, and after negotiating the corner which turns onto our road, I noticed that some of the cup's contents had spilled onto the passenger seat. I grabbed some paper toweling that I had on that seat and swiped it acrossed the spill. When I looked back at the "road" I realized that I had, in fact, left the road just a split second earlier. I was about 10 feet from a telephone pole! I had NO time for a reaction - no bracing of the arms, no braking, nothing but a extremely brief cry out to God. Immediately on contact, the airbags both deployed and I was sitting in a smoke-filled car a bit stunned! I sensed that I had not been seriously injured, so I got out and stood in the rain to call 911. As you can see in the photos, the pole now stood about 5 feet West of where it had been! You can see the hole behind the front tire where the pole had been previously, with a four-foot section of the pole under the car, and the pole itself - now resting on a driveway. Why did not the pole fall down onto the car? More angelic activity, I suspect! The officer and I estimated that I had probably gotten up to about 30 MPH before the contact. Thanks for praying for your missionaries! Please continue to pray . . . as we must now find another trustworthy car. I sure did love that one. The Lord knows!

No comments: